2012 Southern Loop
Prices from $620.00
8 Days Including Air From USA
Or 7 Days Land Only From Dublin To Dublin
All Hotels Prebooked
Create Your Own Daily Itinerary
Independent Dublin Tour
Two-Night Stays in Killarney & Galway
Great for Small Groups
- Rental car with unlimited mileage based on 2 people traveling together.
- Standard or automatic transmission
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), theft protection (TP), government tax (VAT) and Location Service Charge (LSC)
- Coach transfer from Dublin Airport to your Dublin hotel
- Prebooked stays for 6 nights in hotels listed above
- Full Irish breakfast daily except on day one
- Voucher for open-top bus tour in Dublin (valid for 24 hours)
- Visit and a drink at Guinness Storehouse or Old Jameson Distillery
- Ireland Step by Step – 128-page guide with maps and suggested itineraries (one per room)
- Ireland at a Glimpse – discount book with 50% vouchers for almost 100 attractions
- Get Ready! Get Set! Go! – information book with basic travel facts
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes and hotel service charges
TOURING IDEAS (these are only suggestions)
Day 1: Vacation Starts in Dublin
Arrive at Dublin Airport and take a group transfer to your hotel between 7:00 am and 12:00 noon. Your hotel is located beside the River Liffey, close to the city center. Use your two prepaid vouchers for an open-top bus tour of central Dublin and a visit to either the Guinness Storehouse or Old Jameson Distillery.
Day 2: Dublin to Killarney
Pick up your self-drive car at Hertz downtown office or chauffeur-drive minibus from your hotel and head south from Dublin to your next hotel stay in Killarney, a distance of 180 miles. Suggested visits – Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens, Blarney Castle and Fota House & Gardens.
Day 3: Kerry Touring
Today you may like to take a full day tour to travel the popular 100-mile Ring of Kerry – it is better to drive in a counter-clockwise direction. Suggested visits – Kerry County Museum, Skellig Experience. The Dingle Peninsula is also a lovely day’s touring and would be about 120 miles.
Day 4: Killarney to Galway
Today’s journey is about 120 miles traveling via Limerick. Suggested visits – Foynes Flying Boat Museum and Bunratty Folk Park. Or you may cross the River Shannon by ferry and travel along the coast of Clare, stopping at the Cliffs of Moher for wonderful coastal views. Drive through the Burren and around Galway Bay. Suggested visits – Burren Centre and Knappogue Castle.
Day 5: Connemara Region
Tour Connemara, a region of unspoilt open scenery with misty mountains and sparkling lakes. Suggested visits – Kylemore Abbey and Gardens and “Connemara Lady” catamaran cruise on Killary Harbour or take “The Quiet Man” walking tour of Cong.
Day 6: Galway to Dublin
This is a distance of 130 miles, traveling from the Atlantic Ocean on the West Coast to the Irish Sea on the East Coast. Stop for sightseeing along the way or get to Dublin by lunchtime. Check in to a different hotel in Dublin. Suggested visits – Strokestown Park House & Famine Museum and Clonmacnoise Monastic Site
Day 7: Vacations Ends Dublin Airport
Leave your rental car or minibus at Dublin Airport in good time to check in for your flight