Lap of Honor – The Ultimate Irish experience
2012 INDEPENDENT IRISH ODYSSEY
Superior First Class Hotels – 11 Nights
13 Days Including Air From USA
Or 12 Days Land Only From Dublin To Dublin
from $1154 Land Only
All Hotels Prebooked
Create Your Own Daily Itinerary
Cabra Castle Hotel Stay
Independent Dublin Tour
- Car Rental with unlimited mileage based on 2 people traveling together. Or a chauffeur-drive small coach and driver, based on a minimum of 10 people travelling together. Other cars and minibuses available – click the Book Now button below for rates and information
- Standard or automatic transmission
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), theft protection (TP), government tax (VAT) and Location Service Charge (LSC)
- Coach transfer from Dublin Airport to your Dublin hotel
- Prebooked stays for 11 nights in hotels listed above
- Full Irish breakfast daily except on day one
- Voucher for open-top bus tour in Dublin (valid for 24 hours)
- Visit and a drink at Guinness Storehouse or Old Jameson Distillery
- Ireland Step by Step – 128-page guide with maps and suggested itineraries (one per room)
- Ireland at a Glimpse – discount book with 50% vouchers for almost 100 attractions
- Get Ready! Get Set! Go! – information book with basic travel facts
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes and hotel service charges
Day 1 : Dublin Arrival
Transfer by coach to your city centre hotel between 7:00 am and 12:00 noon. Use your two prepaid vouchers for an open top bus tour of central Dublin and a visit to either the Guinness Storehouse or Old Jameson Distillery.
Day 2 : Dublin
Today you may see more of Dublin, either independently or using your open-top bus tour as it is valid for 24 hours. Suggested visits – Dvblinia, Trinity College and Kilmainham Gaol.
Day 3 : Dublin to Cork
Pick up your rental car or a chauffeur-drive minibus from your hotel and head south from Dublin to your next hotel stay in Cork, a distance of 160 miles. Suggested visits – Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens, Rock of Cashel and Blarney Castle.
Day 4 : Cork to Killarney
The distance between the two places is only 50 miles but you might like to take a more scenic route along the indented shoreline. Suggested visits – Blarney Castle, Fota House & Gardens & Kerry Country Museum.
Day 5 : Kerry Touring
Today you may like to take a full day tour to travel the popular 100-mile Ring of Kerry – it is better to drive in a counter-clockwise direction. Suggested visit – Skellig Experience. The Dingle Peninsula is also a lovely day’s touring of 120 miles.
Day 6 : Killarney to Galway
Today’s journey is about 120 miles – cross the River Shannon by ferry and travel along the coast of Clare to the Cliffs of Moher. Drive through the Burren and around Galway Bay. Suggested visits – Burren Centre and Knappogue Castle.
Day 7 : Connemara Region
Tour Connemara, a region of unspoiled open scenery with misty mountains and sparkling lakes. Suggested visits – Kylemore Abbey & Gardens and “Connemara Lady” catamaran cruise on Killary Harbour.
Day 8 : Galway to Derry
The distance today is 170 miles and takes you through Counties Mayo, Sligo and Donegal. Suggested visits – Museum of Country Life, Belleek Pottery & Visitor Centre and Florence Court.
Day 9 : Donegal & Antrim Coast
Explore the scenery of Donegal or drive along the coast to discover the Giant’s Causeway, huge basalt columns. In Derry walk along the medieval city walls, which are intact and provide great views all around.
Day 10 : Derry to Kingscourt
This is a journey of 100 miles by the direct route. You may stop at the Ulster American Folk Park outside Omagh or travel via Belfast to Kinscourt to your castle hotel, built in 1760.
Day 11 : Cabra Castle Stay
Relax and enjoy the lovely setting of your hotel, use the 9-hole golf course or visit nearby attractions, including the Boyne Valley Visitor Centre. Drive 50 miles to Dublin.
Day 12 : Depart for Home
Drop your rental car or minibus at Dublin Airport in good time to check in for your flight.